Sunday, December 13, 2015

Lovers Triangle: Chapter 3

I have been searching for a job for months now and it feels like it's impossible. No one is hiring and with no work experience, it's even harder. After months of searching, I finally landed a great job as a Tech Guru at Rainy Day Entertainment. Landing a job this wonderful is beyond the best news ever. Now Andrew and I will be able to get our own place together, and not have to deal with Sam anymore. I know he's Andrew's father, but Sam has never made an effort to be there for Andy. Sam's always been busy with flirting with Karli to even notice that he has a son.

After receiving the best job ever, I heard the doorbell ring so I went to answer it. These group of girls dressed all in purple and black showed up at my door. I have never seen them before so I'm not sure why they're here.

Emma: Hi, I'm Emma Wallace. 
Me: I'm Elizabeth Harrison. What brings you to our house?
Emma: Tiffany Santiago met Samuel Harrison at a bar one night and wanted to get to know him better. Are you two married?
Me: We were, but I divorced him after finding out he had been cheating on me for 6 months.
Emma: Oh my gosh, that is horrible. I'm so sorry he did that to you.
Me: It still hurts, but thank you. If she wants to talk to Sam, he's right over there.
Emma: Tiff, he's here if you want to talk to him.
Tiffany: I don't know what to say.
Emma: That's why you have us here. We're your wingwomen.
 Tiffany: Okay well here goes nothing. Hey Sam?

Tiffany: Hey Sam. Remember me?
Samuel: I do remember seeing you, but I don't know your name
Tiffany: I'm Tiffany Santiago.We met recently at a bar.
Samuel: I remember. What brings you here?
Tiffany: I wanted to get to know you better since I hadn't heard from you.
Samuel: Sorry, but I just got out of a messy divorce and dealing with custody issues. I'm not ready for a...woah who is that beautiful woman?
 
 
Tiffany: That's Emma Wallace. She's part of our club. You were saying about not being ready for something?
Samuel: Yeah..relationship...uhh hey Emma.
Emma: Hi Samuel. 
Samuel: Are you single Emma?
Tiffany: Are you kidding me? You're flirting with her in front of me?
Samuel: I'm not interested in you Tiffany.
Tiffany: Wow Sam. Now I'm seeing part of why your wife left you.
Samuel: My wife left me because I was unfaithful. Me turning you down has nothing to do with her so leave her out of this.

 Tiffany: Whatever. I'm out of here. You coming Emma?
Emma: Actually, I'm going to stay. 
 
 
Tiffany: Are you kidding me? You came here for me.
Emma: Yes I know that, but you're saying that if he wants to flirt with me and get to know me then I'm not allowed to do the same back?
Tiffany: That's exactly what I'm saying.
Emma: I don't think it's right that you're going to stand in the way of my happiness just because he rejected you.
Tiffany: True friends wouldn't go after their friend's crush.
Emma: You saw him and waved then he waved back. It's not like you two had a date or anything. Get over yourself.
Tiffany: No I won't. I never should've trusted you.
Emma: I'm sorry I ever offered to help you here. Clearly you don't need my help messing up.
Tiffany: Wow. That was a low blow Emma.
Emma: You're lucky I'm not the leader of this club. I'd kick you out. We're going to have a meeting with Kelsie.
Tiffany: Fine. I'm leaving. As of this moment, you don't have a room at our house. Goodbye.

Samuel: Why don't we go sit on the couch Emma? I'd like to get to know you better.
Emma: Aww okay Sam. I'd love that.

Samuel: So what is your favorite hobby?
Emma: Dancing. There's nothing better than moving to the beat. What's yours?
Samuel: Well for years I loved critiquing art, but I'm not sure anymore.
 Emma: That's okay. You'll find a new hobby you love, I'm sure.
Samuel: I think you're right. What is your greatest goal in life?
Emma: This might sound silly, but I want to be an amazing club leader one day.
Samuel: Why would that be silly?
Emma: It's a club, right? Most desire to have the best jobs or biggest houses. I'm simple. Let me lead the best club and I will be forever happy.
Samuel: That's what matters. Your happiness.
Emma: I think that's sweet of you to say. What's your greatest goal in life?
Samuel: Remember how you said that some want to own the biggest houses? I'm one of them. I love fancy houses that are decorated throughout.
Emma: Oh Sam, I'm so sorry. I hope I didn't make you feel bad when I said that.
Samuel: Not at all. I found it a bit humorous.
Emma: Okay good because I don't want to offend you.
Samuel: So what makes you, you?
Emma: Well you already know that I love dancing. I also love to make people laugh, I'm creative, and I'm confident in who I am. How about yourself?
Samuel: I'm a big flirt and that's why Elizabeth left me. I do love art as you know and I'm sure you can see that in here. I'm also very confident like you are.
Emma: I appreciate you telling me why your wife left you, but why tell me now? You just met me.
Samuel: I think you're beautiful and I want to see where this goes. I also want to be up front so there's never a question about my honesty.
Emma: Well I think that's admirable. There is something I want to ask you, if you don't mind.
Samuel: What is it?
Emma: Why did your ex-wife just leave when she found out? Why didn't she try to work things out before walking away?

 
Me: I think I should be the one who answers that question. Right Sam?
 Sam: Yeah, you are the best person to answer that.

  
Emma: Okay so why didn't you give them a second chance?
Me: I had my suspicions for a couple of weeks, he let me think I was crazy, and I caught him kissing Karli. I figured if he was really remorseful about what he had done then he would've either confessed or not had lied to me all that time. I've asked him if something was wrong and he assured me there wasn't. They even lied after I caught them kissing. How could I forgive him after his countless lies? Could you?
Emma: It would be hard, but I think if you truly love someone then things could get better.
Me: I was married to him for 20 years. Have you ever been married?
Emma: Not married, but I've been engaged and I left him
 Me: What caused you to leave?
Emma: There was more than just cheating and lying, I can tell you that.
Me: Let me guess. You caught him and left?
Emma: No. I stayed with him for four years until I had enough. When I commit to someone, I do not just walk away at the first sign of trouble.
Me: That's admirable, but I couldn't do that. Well, I need to get to work. Bye.
 
 
Samuel: So Tiffany said that you no longer have a room back at their house.
Emma: Yeah. It's okay, I'll find somewhere to live. I do have some money from the inheritance I received from my grandma.
Samuel: Well...this might sound crazy since we just met, but would you like to move in here?
Emma: I couldn't impose and besides, where will your ex-wife sleep?
Samuel: In the spare room with our son.
Emma: So where do I sleep?
Samuel: Well, in the same room with me if you want. If that's too forward then maybe we can set up a different arrangement.
Emma: It's definitely a bit forward, but it's okay. I know all of what she said, but I feel like things are different between us.
Samuel: Okay, I'll help you move all of your stuff tomorrow. We can go get some things for tonight. Does that sound good?
Emma: Absolutely.
 photo Siggie2.png

1 comment:

  1. Love it. But Emma is clouded to think Samuel will stop having affairs. At least he was up front about it.

    ReplyDelete