Saturday, December 12, 2015

Lovers Triangle: Chapter 1


 
Samuel is the man of my dreams. We have so much in common and he's perfect in every way for me. People call us Ken and Barbie because of our chemistry plus the fact that we're like a match made in Heaven. We've been married for 20 years and while we've had our ups and downs, I wouldn't trade him in for anyone.  
 
We wanted to move to Newcrest, but our finances were tight after the stock market crashed. There was no way we could afford a decent size home on our own especially since we wanted to have a family of our own someday. Sam had the idea of moving in with his best friend Brett and his wife Karli.

Despite being in an amazing relationship, I have always had insecurities in our marriage because Sam is a big flirt and hits on almost every girl we meet. It has caused a few arguments over the years, but he's never given me a reason to not trust him.

When I first met Karli, my red flags and walls instantly went up. Sure she dressed differently, but there was something about her so I had a conversation with Sam at our apartment in Willow Creek.
 
Me: Sam, I'm not sure we should move in with Brett and Karli.
Samuel: Why not? He's been my best friend since I was a kid.
Me: I know, but I'm worried about you leaving me for her.
Samuel: This again Elizabeth? It's been 20 years. When are you going to trust me?
Me: I can't help how I feel so stop acting like I'm wrong for i.
Samuel: If you want to move to Newcrest then this is what we have to do. We have exhausted all of our resources. There are no other options.
Me: I guess we have no choice since that's the only location with a house big enough for us.
Samuel: I understand you have reservations, but please trust me. I would never hurt you.
Me: Okay Sam. Let's co-sign a house with Brett and Karli so we can move.

We arrived just in time for Christmas and worked hard to get our decorations up, especially the tree. Karli's actually nice and I can tell she truly loves her husband Brett. Something about her just doesn't seem right though. but that could just be my insecurities. 

Me: I'm so happy you two helped us get this wonderful place.
Karli: We're happy too because we were in a similar situation especially with Walker going off to college soon.
Samuel: I can't believe you're a teenager already Walker.
Walker: Yeah, that's what my mom keeps telling me. 
 
Karli: Yeah soon we'll be empty nesters and I will have more free time, right Sam?
Me: Shouldn't you be asking your husband that?
Karli: Uhh...I mean, right honey?
Brett: Yeah sure.
Karli: What is it babe?
Brett: We'll talk later.
Me: I'm going to go grocery shopping. Sam, you coming with me?
Samuel: No, I think I'll stay here.
Me: But you always come with me.
Samuel: Well this time I don't want to so go by yourself.
Me: Fine!! I don't need your help anyway. I just wanted the company.
Samuel: Well I'm tired so let it go.
Me: Whatever.
Walker: You know, I think I hear my homework calling me. 

He always goes grocery shopping with me even though it's not his favorite activity to do because he knows that I love the company plus he can get things that I'm unable to. We move into the new house and suddenly he doesn't want to go with me? Was Karli flirting with him? I know Sam is very handsome, but for someone to flirt with him in front of me? Let alone in front of her own husband. I'm not sure if something is going on, but I'm going to keep an eye out.


 photo Siggie2.png

1 comment: