Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Eternal Hope: Day 12

Day 12: Dreams Do Come True

 Thanks to my successful fishing trip, I was able to buy an easel so I quit my job as a writer before I even begun. I felt bad, but my passion is painting. 

I currently don't have enough money to start painting so I need to harvest some stuff first. I checked my garden and all I had was one mushroom so I'll be exploring around my house first.

 I found a wild mushroom plant and a rose flower bush.

 I also found a log that might have a frog in it, two rocks to dig up, and a snap dragon flower bush. Inside the log was a striped dirt frog and inside the two rocks was a time capsule and a hematite. Erika had told me that I could get more for the time capsule if I don't open it so that's what I'm going to do. Besides, I pretty much know what's going to be inside.

The market gave me $60 for the hematite, $50 for all 10 snap dragon flowers, $10 for the 10 mushrooms, $30 for the frog, $50 for the 10 roses, and $70 for the sealed capsule. This brings me to $312 from $41 as $1 was from my 1 mushroom LOL and that gave me $42.

Now I can start painting and making even more money. Maybe I'll even put my easel outside to get some scenery paintings, but I'm not sure yet.

 Working on  making that living with something that I love.

 I want to make sure this turns out really well for my first painting.

I love how this came out and I sold it for $88, which gives me a $13 profit from the $75 I spent to make this painting.

 
I'm going to try my hand at a larger painting. I hope it goes well.

I love storms and the water so I painted this. I sold it for $128 so that's a $28 profit for me.

This is going so well, but I need to invite my sister over and I hope she'll be willing to move in with me now.
 
 So I called Sam over to talk to her about moving in.

Me: Okay I invited you over because there's something I want to talk about in person.
Sam: Is it about me moving in?
Me: Yes. I have a real job as a painter and my job starts in a couple of days plus I have an easel. That will help me do better at work and make extra money. I also have a room just for you so you will have all the privacy you want. This will be your home just as much as it is mine, but all I ask is that you respect me like I respect you like two equal adults.
Sam: Wow Sabrina. I...really...didn't expect you to accomplish this especially so fast.
Me: I love you Sam and what you said about having a real home before you're 18 gave me a boost in initiative to accomplish what I set out to do.
Sam: I really don't know what to do.
Me: Are you thinking about changing your mind?
Sam: Maybe. I'm not really sure. What about mom and dad?
Me: I am hoping that if I can add a room onto here just for me then maybe they'll come around. Let me see if I have enough to do that.
Sam: Okay. Do I need to go or should I stay here?
Me: You can stay because I do the work myself. Cheaper that way.
Sam: Oh wow okay sis. I'll wait here.

Me: See no more bed or dresser, which looks better
Sam: Yes it does. I can't wait to see your room Sabrina.

Me: Here's my room Sam
Sam: It's so cute and about the size of mine. 
Me: Yes it is so it's fair for both of us.
Sam: I know you have everything else that is needed for a home plus a career.
 Me: Yes I do. What do you think?
Sam: I still wonder about mom and dad. I don't want them angry.
Me: We can work on them. It'll be easier with you on my side. If they see how happy you are here then I'm sure they'll come around.
Sam: What if I want to go home?

Me: I'll let you, but then mom and dad may never accept me again. I don't know if they would let you move back in with me if you moved home. It's ultimately your decision.
Sam: You're right. I didn't think you'd accomplish all of this, as I said, but I'm proud of my big sister. I will happily move in with you, Sabrina. Thank you for everything.
Me: You're welcome and thank you for giving me a chance when mom and dad said not to.
Sam: You're my sister and I should've been more supportive.

Me: You're here now and that's all that matters.
Sam: You're right. I love you Sabrina.

Me: I love you too Sam. Ready for bed?
Sam: More than ever in my new home. I just need to call mom and dad first.
Me: Okay. Turn off the lights when you're done?
Sam: Absolutely.

 Sam: Hey dad. I have some news to tell you.
Dad: Sam, where are you? It's almost curfew. You better be home this instant young lady.
 Sam: That's why I'm calling you dad. I'm not coming home.
Dad: Are you spending the night at Chelsea's house?

Sam: No dad. I'm not coming home tonight or any night. I moved in with Sabrina.

Dad: You did what?! You know we disowned her for her childish dreams. You want to be just like her?
Sam: Dad, have you even seen her since she moved out? Do you even know what she's been doing or how she's been?

Dad: No because when you disown someone, you take them out of your life.
Sam: She started out with nothing, dad. Now she has a 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom house with a complete kitchen, family room, and dining room. She built it herself with money she earned without help from anyone. We said she couldn't and she did.
Dad: Does she even have a job Sam?
Sam: She starts as a painter in a few days and has sold two paintings already.
Dad: Really? 
Sam: Yes really. These aren't childish dreams. She made them come true without help from us or anyone. You should give her a second chance.
Dad: Did she put you up to this?
Sam: No. I told her I was going to call you, but she thinks it's just to say that I'm moving in with her. Please come by this weekend and see the house.
Dad: Alright. On one condition.
Sam: What's that dad?
Dad: She's not home and your mother gets to come with us.
Sam: That's two conditions and Sam will be here. It's her home after all.
Dad: Okay then your mother gets to come with us.
Sam: Okay that's fine. I'm sure Sam will be happy to see the both of you. all.
Dad: Then we'll see the both of you tomorrow.

 I really hope mom and dad come around, for Sam's sake.

 I hope Sabrina isn't mad tomorrow when dad and mom show up tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment